(Alexandria, Va.) – Once again, 9-11 truth is making every effort to break through into the mainstream arena.
On the afternoon of Tuesday, March 14, 2006, the Scholars for 9-11 Truth held a press conference outside of the Albert V. Bryan U.S. District Courthouse in Alexandria, Va. where the trial of accused 9-11 terrorist Zacharias Moussaoui is currently underway. Speakers included Professor James Fetzer, retired Air Force Colonel George Nelson, and attorney Phil Berg.
But as their press conference was set to begin before an extensive lineup of mainstream news outlets such as CNN, Fox News, the Associated Press, and local D.C. affiliate stations, attempts were made by law enforcement officials (bearing ID’s that read “POLICE ICE”) to prevent the Scholars from speaking to the press. (ICE = Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security)
These agents initially informed the Scholars that they would need to move their conference beyond the law enforcement perimeters of Courthouse Square – away from the press corps. But Professor James Fetzer, organizer of this event, informed the agents that the Scholars had a right to address the press, and also provided them with the credentials of Phil Berg (a former Deputy Attorney General & former candidate for Governor, Lt. Governor, and U.S. Senate); and George Nelson (a retired United States Air Force colonel).
Upon request, the ICE agents were also provided copies of press statements by both Fetzer and Berg. They then met with the presiding judge – Leonie Brinkema – who subsequently granted permission for the press conference to proceed.
First at the podium was Professor Jim Fetzer, who stated that the official 9-11 scenario is categorically false, not merely in its specific details, but in regard to its most basic features. His remarks included:
- The Towers did not collapse from the plane impacts or subsequent jet fuel fires.
- No Boeing 757 appears to have hit the Pentagon.
- Flight 93 is a mystery.
- The official story violates the immutable laws of nature.
- The melting point of steel is at least 1,000 degrees higher than the maximum temperature attainable by jet fuel.
He also pointed to other “smoking guns” such as:
- The enormous dust clouds created by the pulverized concrete, and the enormous energy source needed to initiate them.
- The black billowing plumes of smoke, indicative of oxygen-starved/suffocating fires.
The next individual to greet the press was retired USAF Colonel George Nelson, who stated, “I’m pushing seventy years of age, and I’m a man with a conscience. I’m about to turn this country over to my children, and I don’t like what I see.”
Nelson also asked a number of questions, including:
1) Why weren’t we allowed to see physical evidence from any of the crash sites?
2) Why weren’t any accident reports filed for the four 9-11 flights?
3) Why weren’t any cameras allowed within 1,000 feet of the Shanksville “crash site”?
Following these inquiries, Colonel Nelson addressed the press directly by saying, “Airplane metal just doesn’t evaporate.” Reiterating this point, he said the crater at Shanksville was only 20 feet long by 10 feet wide; thus, how could a 757 fit into a hole that size? Likewise, Nelson mentioned that Flight 77, which was said to have hit the Pentagon, had a 125 foot wingspan, yet the impact hole was only 16 feet wide. Furthermore, this aircraft supposedly penetrated three of the Pentagon’s outer rings and made perfectly round holes. Not only is this physically impossible, but the amateur pilot who allegedly flew this craft did not even remotely possess the skills or expertise necessary to perform such maneuvers.
Nelson continued by saying that if we’re to believe that Flight 77 struck the Pentagon’s ground floor, it would have first had to make contact with the Pentagon’s lawn before hitting the building (i.e. there should have been more metal wreckage outside the Pentagon than inside of it). Yet, any 9-11 Pentagon photograph will show the lawn remained pristine and unscarred after the plane’s impact. Plus, the debris field was inconsistent with that of an airplane crash.
The final speaker this day was attorney Phil Berg, whose remarks included an extensive listing of especially damning points in regard to the official 9-11 story. These included:
- William Rogriguez (The Last Man out of the Towers) heard explosions in the Towers before they ever fell, yet his testimony to the 9-11 Commission was omitted from their final report.
- Similarly, Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta’s “devastating testimony” regarding Dick Cheney’s control of the military stand-down was also not included in the final whitewash report.
- Rudolph Giuliani was told that the Towers were going to fall prior to their actual collapses, subsequently causing him to evacuate his 23rd floor command bunker at WTC 7.
- The lightning-fast removal of evidence, including steel beams and other debris from the Ground Zero collapse site.
- Absolutely no investigation by SEC officials of the “put options” that occurred days prior to 9-11.
Berg went on to say that of all the people he’s met since the 9-11 attacks, 90% of them feel they haven't been told the entire truth about what took place. He then described his ongoing RICO lawsuit filed against George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, and 53 others, essentially saying that, “We have a mob in the White House,” and that they “had foreknowledge, and engaged in a failure to act, a failure to prevent, and a massive cover-up of 9-11.”
In conclusion, Berg said, “This is the murder of 3,000 people,” and also commented on the differing schools of thought (LIHOP vs. MIHOP): “If they let it happen on purpose, then they made it happen on purpose.” Plus, the ramifications of 9-11 have had a wide-reaching affect on everybody, for right now under the Patriot Act, Phil Berg said, “They can take me away as a subversive.”
Following the press conference at an impromptu photo-op, Phil Berg continued, saying that “Bush, Cheney, and others should be put on trial for treason and sent to jail.” In this same vein, 9-11 researcher Webster Tarpley had the following to say about Zacharias Moussaoui: “He’s a psychotic, militant patsy who is several degrees of understanding below Lee Harvey Oswald.”
After listening to over thirty minutes of hard-hitting information delivered by Fetzer, Nelson, and Berg, the press corps was invited to ask questions. Remarkably, only one reporter made an inquiry: “Why would they do it? What were their motives?” Professor Fetzer answered with a litany of reasons, including the infamous PNAC missive and the need for a "New Pearl Harbor" which would lead us into Afghanistan, Iraq, and beyond. After this explanation, no other questions were posed to the Scholars, despite the substantial amount of information they provided.
We did notice one journalist with tears in her eyes as she scribbled furiously on a notepad while listening to Professor Fetzer. If we hearken back to what Colonel Nelson said about conscience, the question remains: will members of the mainstream media start following their conscience by exposing the lies of 9-11, or will they continue to aid and abet in the ongoing cover-up of the gravest crime ever committed against this country?
(Home page: See alot of interesting books in their bookstore.)